July 16, 2014

Sacramento


It has been over six weeks that we moved from the L.A./OC area to Sacramento. I moved without expectations. I knew it was going to be very different, and slightly maybe even difficult. I knew there was a possibility for it all to be challenging; after all, a move to a different and unknown area is always a bit of a challenge. Not sure how my favorite person felt before the move. He was looking forward to experiencing something new - that is for sure. So far, it's not been my favorite move at all. I don't hate it but I am not liking it either. There, I said it. Granted, we still have to adjust, and we still have to find places to go to and feel okay with. We are working on it every week!

Just like the not working lights in the letter C, that's how I see this move. We have only been here for a little over six weeks but I am so looking forward to moving away again, preferably down south or just closer to San Francisco. Yet, all in due time. Until then, I am trying to really make it happen here, and make the best out of this area. Maybe it's going to surprise me over the next year...hopefully. 

My dislike towards this area (let's hope this changes soon!!!) did not prevent me from exploring it. I mean, we made the effort to move and we want to make it happen at least for the time being. Discover what this city and surrounding areas offer is a must - so we started a little....here's a few photos.


These ducks are my highlight. In our community we not only have ducks and duck babies walking around (they are also quite entertaining to listen to), we also have four turkeys, a peacock and a bunch of dogs and at least three cats. My highlight are the ducks. Leftover, stale bread is what I feed them at the pond. Apparently I am not the only one. :) Plus, they love it. Unfortunately, we discovered a few hatched eggs...but hatched before they were due and ready. My heart broke. :(


With a few exceptions {restaurants, museums, galleries, boutiques} we have pretty much covered/seen Sacramento's  downtown/midtown/oldtown section. There's not much else within the city. I doubt that shopping plazas almost outside the city count with an enormous WalMart and Ikea center. Anyways, I am sure we will come across insider tips on great restaurants and places to see and experience...and I will make sure to document and share. Yes I am trying to be very positive here.


This place by far has become my favorite spot to eat. It reminds me of Los Angeles, NYC, and Berlin. Nice combo. Food so far has been fantastic. I have yet to go in when it is Brunch Time, but Cafeteria 15L is definitely a place I would recommend to stop by and eat in.


We have ventured outside the city and visited Roseville, Rocklin, Folsom, and Rancho Cordova. Also, we went to Reno a few times mainly because family lives there now. Next stops are the wine countries, my beloved San Francisco, and maybe even Monterey again. We shall see. Fingers crossed my attitude turns into something better...I have yet to figure this place out, so I won't give up. I refuse to.

Have you ever been up here? Do you live up here? Moved away from here?
Ideas? Suggestions?
Send them my way!

xoxo

3 comments :

Ashley said...

Sac has a cutesy feel going off of your pictures. Funny enough, I've never been! I always took trips to SF instead, ha!

Meghan said...

I don't know much about Sacramento - I've never been! But I do love SF, and especially Napa/Sonoma! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I felt the same way when I first got to Sacramento and I completely freaked cause I bought a house here. We should hang out. I'll show you some great spots. You'll start to find things you like here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...